To register you have to apply the following steps:
- Access the International Junior Science Olympiad Organization website: http://www.ijsoweb.org/
- Submit a request to participate and obtain the password for pre-registration by sending an application to: http://www.ijsoweb.org/contact-us (if this is your first time to participate)
- Upon receipt of your password, pre- registration is at: http://www.ijsoweb.org/pre-registration-login
- Proceed with the registration procedures at: https://ijso2019.edu.gov.qa/
- For further information: https://ijso2019.edu.gov.qa/
To contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The deadline for pre-registration is 30th July 2019
- The deadline for final registration of the full team and adding the information of the participants is 15th October 2019.
- No, students cannot participate as individuals.
- For more information about the statues of IJSO visit our website and you will find all the guidelines
competitors must be born on or after 1 January 2004, i.e. they must not be older than 15 years old.
- The syllabus of the International Junior Science Olympiad (IJSO) lists the skills and areas of knowledge the participants should be familiar with for this competition.
- The syllabus can be downloaded from this link
- To stimulate the active interest of students in the Natural Sciences.
- To promote their careers as scientists.
- To enhance and develop international contacts in the Natural Sciences.
- To promote future scientific collaboration.
- To encourage the formation of friendships within the scientific community.
- To offer the opportunity to compare the syllabi and educational trends in science education within the participating countries.
For more information about the fees visit this link
You have to transfer the amount of money needed to the following bank account, For more information visit this link
- Qatar Airways offers a discount of 25% on Regular fares and 10% on Promo fares. The same discount level can be availed through our Government Office for the participants of the 16th International Junior Science Olympiad 2019.
- To get the discount of Qatar Airways visit this link
- The Promo Code : IJSOQA19
- The full team is six students.
- The MCQ and the Theory Exam are individually exams.
- For the practical, they work together. The practical exam will be as teams of 3 students and the three should work together to answer the same exam paper. The mark of the practical shall be the same for the three students.
The exams are originated in English and each leader will make translation to their own languages. Each country is free to choose either English or their own language.
No, the LOC of IJSO 2019 accept voluntary work from inside the State of Qatar only. We don’t accept volunteers from outside. All volunteers should have a residency in the State of Qatar.
To facilitate this issue, the LOC approved to let the participants come one day earlier and leave one day later. This will covered by the hosting country and no need to pay any extra charges.
The program is published on IJSO website. Visit this link
- The students will set for three kinds of exams (MCQ – Theoretical – Practical) in three different days.
- All the exams covers the three branches (Chemistry – Biology – Physics).
70 countries from all over the world are registered to participate in IJSO 2019
If a country would like to have a second team of students, each member of the team should pay 1600$. The priority is to give a chance to more teams of students from different countries instead of having more teams from the same country.The deadline for pre-registration is 30 July 2019.